Summit Lake where PTP’s plan is to connect with pipelines from the north. We are tired but excited to see if we can find the line at Summit Lake. In our excitement to win eco-activist of the year awards we courageously took the turn off to Summit Lake, were almost eaten by a large black bear, and had almost given up when Emil spotted the line! We got out, took our pics, debated as to whether we should steal the sign or not and, feeling pretty good about our sleuthing, were ready to carry on our tour. Continue reading
We are looking for new members to join the Rising Tide CST collective, and we are holding a special open meeting on Sunday May 26th at 12.15 for people to find out more about who we are, how we work and how you can get involved in organizing with us. No previous experience needed, just a passion for environmental and social justice – but we are looking for people who are interested in making an ongoing commitment to organizing with Rising Tide.
Email email@example.com to RSVP and find out details for the meeting. We have lots of exciting plans for the summer so now is a great time to get involved, either at this meeting or via one of our other public events – either way, we look forward to seeing you soon!
- Vancouver Idle No More march marks passing of Elijah Harper
- Reclaim PKOLS || May 22 Day of Action
- Uninvited and Unwelcome: First Nation asks Enbridge to Leave Territory Following Botched Consultation
- Deep Green Transphobia III: Derrick Jensen’s Hateful Tirade
- Rising Tide: Building Resistance Tour holds Community Events in Unceded Wet'suet'en Territory, May 11-12
- Australia: Coal ship boarded by Greenpeace activists off the Great Barrier Reef
- Philippines: Climate campaigners expose dirty coal, demand shift to renewable energy
- Video: Iraq faces water scarcity, floods, desertification and climate disruption after decades of war
- U.S.: Oregon residents Sound the Alarm on coal dust, coal export and climate change
- Australia: Coal dust and climate change: Newcastle residents march against proposed T4 coal loader